Updated: Apr 14
OFFICIAL RECIPE REVEALED: The official recipe of the Soft Shell Crab Burger Someone said: "After this, you won't find any better around.."
We created many dishes in the past 3 years of street food, mainly fish dishes. Today we'll share some recipe with you from our secret archive. Snacks, mains, traditional dishes, canapes and ideas for your homemade drinks.
Soft Shell Crab Burger
1 Soft shell Crab (Hotel or Prime) 1 Mango 1 Scotch bonnet chilli 1 Red onion
1 Lime 1 Pomegranate
20gr Rocket Black Pepper Maldon Salt English Mustard Sweet Chilli Sauce Buttermilk Rice Flour 1 Brioche burger bun (charcoal - optional)
1. Gently open the crab and spread his legs. Pat dry and set aside with cloth.
2. Chp scotch bonnet chilli, add lime juice, black pepper and salt.
Dice the mango and add the to lime juice mix. Set aside
3. Carefully open the pomegranate in two halves and beat the seeds out in a large container
4. Cut the onion in quarters and slice thinly with mandolin.
5. Wash carefully the rocket, add 1/2 teaspoon of sesame oil
6. Drop the crab into the buttermilk, set on a wide bowl with rice flour and coat it lightly on both sides.
8. Cook the crab in the oil 180C, cover and let it cook for 1 minute on each side, until the shell turns crisp and the flour has turned golden brown. Do not overcook.
9. Spread a small amount of mustard on one half of the steamed bun
10. Add the rocket, the crab and season it with Maldon salt.
11. Put on top the sliced red onion, the pomegranate seed, the fruit ceviche (approx. 25 g) and the sweet chilli sauce.
12. Spread mayo on the top side of the bun, squeeze lime and serve.