Fish & Chips
1. Pat dry the fish fillets, season with salt and pepper, set aside
2. Combine ginger beer and batter mix in a bowl adding a little liquid at the time, whisk well (the batter must be as thick as double cream)
3. Pour vegetable oil for frying into a heavy, medium non-stick wok or wokshaped pan. Heat to 190C (can use a thermometer so can make sure the oil stays at that temperature.
4. Fry the polenta chunks for 7 to 9 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside.
5. Dip the fish fillets in the batter to coat, let some of it drip off then lower into the hot oil. Fry for 3 or 4 minutes, until golden brown and crisp turning the fish over halfway through.
6. Lift out with a slotted spoon, drain on kitchen paper.
7. Season with maldon salt flakes
8. Enjoy with DFT signature wasabi tartare sauce and lime
9. Don't forget to take a pic and tag us on instagram (@dafishting)
10. Tell your friends!