Soft shell crab
WARNING: Please make sure to use a lid when frying the crab as this can be... explosive!
1. Make sure the crab is completely defrosted, gently open the crab and spread his legs.
2. Pat the crab dry and fully drop it into the buttermilk keeping the legs spread.
3. Set on a wide bowl with rice flour and a pinch of salt and coat the crab lightly on both sides then coat it in panko. Again drop it into buttermilk, then panko.
4. Drop the crab in hot vegetable oil (180C), cover the pan and let it cook for 1-2 minutes each side, until the shell turns crisp and the panko has turned golden brown. Do not overcook.
5. Set the crab aside and season with salt
6. Cut the buns in half and toast under the grill or in a pan with a knob of butter.
7.Build your burger: Bun base, kimchi, soft shell crab, salad, squeeze of lime, top bun.
8. Don't forget to take a pic and tag us on instagram (@dafishting)
9. Tell your friends!